QVC Travel Tips and Tricks
As we are starting to get ready for the great holiday migration.
Here are some handy travel hacks:
- If you forget the wall plug-in for your phone charger, check the back of your hotel TV. There might be a USB port.
- Turn a cereal container into a trash can for your car when on road trips.
- Scan your passport, ID, and itinerary and email it to yourself so you have a digital copy in the event of loss or theft.
- DIY Ice pack: Saturate a sponge, place in a bag and freeze, also ensures it won’t drip everywhere when it melts
- Boost your immune system before you leave with lots of water, sleep and vitamins to help protect you from illness.
- Book an extra day off work and don’t make plans so you have time to relax, do laundry and catch up on everything at home when you return from holiday.
- Use soap to soothe an insect bite, rub it on the bite and leave it to dry.
We all know that ever-daunting task of packing for a holiday.
Here are some packing tips to help you on your next holiday:
- Use a packing checklist
- Roll; don’t fold. This saves space and time
- Cover your shoes with a shower cap to protect your clothes from the dirt
- LEAK-PROOF BOTTLES: Before you pack, take the lids off liquid cosmetics and cover the top with cling film, then do the lid up tightly over the top. This prevents any annoying leaks
- Pack the heaviest items close to the luggage’s wheels.
- Put loose wires like your charger cables in a sunglasses case
- Put your breakables, like perfume, in a sock
- Pack an empty tote bag for your laundry.
- Going on a flight? Choose luggage with a distinctive pattern or colour to easily identify your luggage.